Target Gender Equality
Target Gender Equality is an accelerator programme for companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact. It aims to deepen their implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5.5. This goal calls for women’s full participation and equal opportunities for leadership by 2030.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
• The business case for gender equality – unpacking the benefits of diversity and inclusion.
• The external and internal factors to consider when developing ambitious but realistic targets for women’s leadership.
• How to prioritize strategies and build a holistic action plan for gender equality.
• How to build an enabling organizational infrastructure to avoid siloed approaches and ensure ownership across departments.
• How to include KPIs for each step and monitor and communicate progress in a transparent manner.
• How to engage colleagues and leadership teams on priority topics equipping them to champion your gender equality strategy.
In order to take part in Target Gender Equality, companies are required to be members of the UN Global Compact or willing to join and meet the following criteria:
▪ Committed to learning about corporate target setting and taking actions to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
▪ Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in programme activities and events and an executive-level “ambassador” to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
The below programme will take place virtually in each country, complemented by further optional regional and global engagement opportunities:
▪ Onboarding webinar to meet your peers
▪ Performance Analysis and aggregate results discussions based on the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool
▪ Three capacity building workshops: Setting Targets & Defining Ambition; Strategies for Success; Measuring & Communicating Progress
▪ An Action Planning Guide will support participants to apply learnings within each company’s context
▪ Exclusive access to practical tools, good practice collections and learning opportunities through the UN Global Compact Academy
▪ High-level global events including Target Gender Equality LIVE every March as well as guidance on how to take meaningful action to leverage International Women’s Day
▪ Advocacy opportunities and multi-stakeholder Action Dialogues to jointly raise the bar for gender equality
▪ Company registration: March 2022–June 17th , 2022
▪ Programme begins: July 2022
▪ Programme ends and opportunity to showcase outcomes at Target Gender Equality LIVE event: March 2023