Climate Ambition Accelerator
Ambitious business leaders are recognizing that they don’t have to choose between taking climate action and having strong economies. On the contrary — taking climate action is the best way to build healthier and thriving people, communities, businesses and economies. The Climate Ambition Accelerator is a six-month programme designed to equip participating UN Global Compact companies with the knowledge and skills they need to accelerate progress toward achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
Perhaps your company has not yet set emissions targets, or you’ve created targets without using the science-based targets methodology. Maybe you’re overwhelmed by the technical requirements involved. No matter where you are in your sustainability journey, the Climate Ambition Accelerator will help you get started and make progress towards setting ambitious emission targets.
Led by the United Nations Global Compact with support from Patrons Ørsted and Natura & Co and sponsored by En+ Group, the Climate Ambition Accelerator aims to scale-up credible climate action across companies of all sizes, sectors and regions, enabling them to deliver on meaningful commitments to reduce emissions at scale. The Climate Ambition Accelerator builds on the UN Global Compact’s work to develop and promote the Science Based Targets initiative, its net-zero standards, and Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign, and will contribute to initiatives such as the Race to Zero campaign.
Through the Global Compact Local Networks around the world, participating companies will gain access to global best practices, peer-to-peer learning opportunities, capacity building sessions and on-demand training.
• Learn how to set science-based emission reduction targets to achieve net-zero by 2050
• Motivate investors, leadership, employees, and shareholders with an emission reduction plan that sets your organization apart in the market
• Gain a clear understanding of the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) and the net-zero concept, including methodologies, requirements, processes, benefits, and applicability
• Hear from peers and share insights in group sessions
• Take advantage of on-demand learning that enables you to work at your own pace
• Get access to industry experts and networking opportunities
• Benefit from local delivery combined with global insights and best practices
Company registration: March 1 – April 29 2022
The programme begins: in June 2022
The programme ends: in October 2022
▪ Currently engaged with a Global Compact Network Georgia or willing to join
▪ Interested in setting ambitious emissions reduction targets aligned with climate science at the pace and scale required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
▪ Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in the programme activities and events and an executive-level representative to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
On average, participants may expect around seven hours of self-learning on-demand content and six hours of facilitated group sessions. Participants will also be invited to attend global events. In total, participants should plan to dedicate 25 to 30 hours to the Climate Ambition Accelerator over six months.