SDG Ambition is an accelerator initiative that aims to challenge and support companies participating in the UN Global Compact in setting ambitious corporate targets and accel¬erating integration of the 17 SDGs into core business management. SDG Ambition enables companies to move beyond incremental progress and step-up their transformative change, by unlocking business value, building business resilience, and enabling long-term growth.
Participating companies assess their current performance, identify risk areas, discover new opportunities across business units and functions, and take ambitious business action towards achieving the SDGs and meeting the 2030 Sustainable Develop¬ment Agenda. The main components of the initiative include ambitious targets and goals, innovative technologies, and the integration of various approaches.
The SDG Ambition Accelerator is a six-month programme that challenges and supports participating companies of the UN Global Compact in setting ambitious corporate targets and accelerating the integration of the SDGs into core business management.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
▪ How to strategically prioritize actions that will accelerate your company’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda
▪ How to set targets aligned with absolute benchmarks that today may seem aspirational but are critical to spearheading the transformation
▪ of economies and societies
▪ How to approach sustainability management differently and design new systems integrating the SDGs. How to hardwire SDG-related business goals and outcomes into core processes and management of business, to materially accelerate progress toward the SDGs
▪ How to build a business case and generate sustainability buy-in from your company
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
▪ An understanding of baseline impacts across the business that can help create a comprehensive sustainability strategy.
▪ The ability to achieve ambitious goals aimed at galvanizing business actions with what is actually required to achieve the SDGs
▪ An overview of how to integrate and mainstream ambitious sustainability goals across business units by pioneering a performance integration approach that utilizes enabling technologies
▪ The foundational tools and understanding to build a business case
▪ Insight into industries with an outsized impact on the SDGs
▪ Ability to develop and share ambitious business actions on the SDGs alongside a diverse group of leaders from numerous corporations
▪ Certificate demonstrating completion of programme
The UN Global Compact invites companies to join SDG Ambition. In order to take part, companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact in good standing and to meet the following criteria:
▪ Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network in your country or willing to join
▪ Committed to strengthening corporate target setting and action to increase progress on the Sustainable Development Goals
▪ Willing to appoint two representatives that can commit to two hours per week for a
three-month period to participate in programme activities and events and an executive-level “Champion” to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
HOW TO JOIN
Applications are now open for the SDG Ambition Accelerator.
1 June 2022
30 September 2022