The mission of the Georgian Bar Association is to promote the establishment of a quality and credible justice system in Georgia by ensuring the independence of the legal profession and high professional standards in legal practice.
- Promoting justice and strengthening the rule of law;
- Development of the legal profession;
- Protection of the rights, professional freedom, interests and independence of lawyers;
- Ensuring the principle of non-interference in lawyer’s work;
- Promotion of legal education and training of lawyers;
- Establishing and promoting a free legal system;
- Ensuring that lawyers are protected with professional ethics;
- Increasing the trust and reputation of a profession of lawyer in the society;
- Ensuring the social protection and welfare of lawyers.
On the selected goals the Georgian Bar Association provide pro bono (free) legal consultation projects.
Decision-making on partnership projects:
The process of decision-making on partnership projects is done independently, on the basis of the application and the relevant justification, which will be considered by the management of the Association within a reasonable timeframe.
Access to justice and quality legal aid is a fundamental human right. We continue to work to ensure that every single person who needs the assistance of a lawyer and does not have adequate financial resources is not denied this right.