The Global Compact Network Georgia established the Corporate Sustainability Academy in 2020 in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and with the support of the Swedish Government.
The aim of the academy is to raise awareness of business and human rights in the community, to provide education on this topic to stakeholders, and to develop practical skills on topics such as social, environmental and governance (ESG) issues.
The course is led by highly qualified lecturers – representatives of the private and public sectors, international organizations and the media.
The training course of the Sustainability Academy includes 7 modules:
- Business and human rights in Georgia
- Ethics and making ethical decisions
- Ethical leadership and sustainable management of human resources
- Social and environmental aspects of sustainability
- State incentives to promote corporate governance
- Fight against corruption
- Effective management and coordination of results
On June 9-11, the Global Compact Network Georgia hosted a short course for representatives of the “Georgian Innovation and Technology Agency” and “Produce in Georgia”, where participants had the opportunity to learn about key corporate responsibility issues and international / local standards and practical examples.
The course is supported by the Government of Sweden and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the ACCESS program.